Friday, May 28, 2010

Stewed Lamb Shoulder Steak with Szechuan Seeds


Personally I love lamb very much, some more I am very afraid of cold, and some one told me that ate more lamb or beef can keep my body warm. That day I have just asked my colleague to buy me some mutton. Because I am just recover from sick and don’t want to eat grilled food that much, so I go through my recipe book and finally decide to stew the mutton. As the result, the gravy is too much and I prefer thickened gravy, so that I have made some adjustment on my recipe.

Ingredients:
350g Lamb Shoulder Steak / Mutton
2 pieces Beancurd Preserved
3 Star Anises
½ teaspoon Szechuan Seeds
350ml Water

Seasonings:
1 teaspoon Bean Paste
10g Rock Sugar
2 tablespoons Light Soya Sauce 

Method:
  1. Rinse the lamb shoulder steak and cut into convenient pieces. Blanch into boiling water for a moment. Dish up, and remove the fat of the lamb shoulder steak.
  2. Bring the water and the rest of ingredients and seasoning to a boil in a deep pot. Add in lamb shoulder steak, covered. Braise over a low heat for 1 hour until the lamb meat are tender and the flavor has been absorbed, or until the gravy is thickened and slightly syrupy. Dish up. Serve hot.
Note:
  1. If you feel that the gravy is too less, you may add in some hot water.
  2. If the gravy is too oily, you may cook it by highest heat to make the oil float on top, then just take it out from the gravy.


No comments:

Post a Comment