Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grilled Lamb Shoulder


This is a dish that I learn from my mum-in-law. When the first time I buy the lamb shoulder, I really don’t know how to handle it, my hubby told me that the lamb chop made by my mum-in-law is taste good, so asked her the method  to cooking the lamb shoulder. The most interesting is this recipe is came from my mum-in-law, but my hubby said the taste is totally different from what she made; my mum-in-law seem like she never give me any recipe and thought that is my own recipe, some more she had forgot how to cook the lamb after she provided the recipe to me. I have grilled the lamb shoulder for some of my friends, they feel the taste is quite nice. As the result, the grilled lamb became the exclusive dish from Ester.

Ingredients:
2 pieces Lamb Shoulder
2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Tomatoes Sauce
1 tablespoon Chilies Sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrin)
½ teaspoon black pepper powder

Ingredients for Mints sauce:
Fresh Mints Leaves
Rice Vinegar
Salt
Sugar
                                               
                                                                                                                                                                       
Method
  1. Clean the lamb shoulder and use the back of a knife blade beat on it for few time, then use a fork to stick on it. Marinate the lamb shoulder with other ingredients for an hour.
  2.  Add the sugar and the salt into the vinegar and until its melt. Chop the mints leaves (or blend it with a blender) then mix it to the vinegar to make it as mints sauce.
  3. Wipe a bit of butter on a hot pan and grilled the lamb shoulder.
Note:
  1. The usage of the ingredients can be change accordingly.
  2. For those who like the juicy lamb can heat up a pan to fry the onion then put the marinated sauce which have left over, add in some water to cook it until it sticky then pour the sauce on the lamb shoulder.
  3. For oriental style, cut the lamb shoulder into small pieces and marinate it. Fry the garlic then put in all the ingredients, pour in some water to cook for 15 minutes in the smallest heats and cover up the pot. It is no need to prepare the mints sauce for the oriental style.
  4. It can be prepare more for the mixture of vinegar, the unfinished portion can be keep in the fridge, just add in the mints leave when it is finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment